Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense: URL Encoding ($=%24)

Hello Folks,

Iam facing a problem with the automatic encoding of links (URL) in a Qliksense Table Chart.

We are using Navision as ERP System.

If you build a link that should open a Tab from Navision, it usually contains a '$' (Dollar Sign) in the link.

Something like this: ...your$company\runpage?page=...

If you now click on the link, it will open the $ as %24, which is no problem for Website links, but for Navision it is.

So i tried to put chr(36) instead of $, to maybe solve the Problem, but that didnt help either.

This problems only accure with Chrome, Firefox, Opera browser, in IE it works, but since QS is optimized for Chrome, i dont want to switch.

Does anybody has a solution?

Greetz Lukas

Nachricht geändert durch Lukas Amann

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Update, this is what Qlik R&D wrote me:

-->  bug-fix is targeted for Qlik Sense November 2018.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Chr(36) is $ .... Chr(39) is not.

Was it a typo?

luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yea sorry, just a typo 🙂  I will fix that.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Please contact Qlik Support. From my side, I've seen a scenario where &pi was interpreted as π by the client side JavaScript code in Qlik Sense but this should be fixed in Qlik Sense February 2018. So if the behavior is presenting the past that build for your scenario then there is a potential defect there.   

luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Iam running the newest Version of Qliksense, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Its not wrong per se, it is just the URL encoder which makes it to a %24. 

I solved the problem by using a Branch Add on called "simple table". Which at least interpret the $ as Dollar sign.

But you are right, i think a supp ticket might help, i will try that to.

Greetz Lukas

luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Update, this is what Qlik R&D wrote me:

-->  bug-fix is targeted for Qlik Sense November 2018.

william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

Just faced the same problem here.

Thanks for reaching out to them - frustrating to see them take so long to respond.

kwdaniels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Same problem here. We we had successfully linked to OpenAir (NetSuite/Oracle) invoices from Qlik before the June 2018 release. It has been broken since then, and we look forward to the fix in the November 2018 release!

FYI, there's what appears to be a somewhat related threat at Qlik Sense June 2018 - URL address cut at "equal" (%3D)

microland
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I just upgrated from Feb 2018 to Qliksense Nov 2018 version. Now we are facing the same URL problem. Actually i am using some angularjs method in mashup javascript file. Now it is not working due to URL encoding automatically. Is there any solution for this issue.

Aladdin
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like it still hasn't been implemented as of Feb 2019.