Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flo59243
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Send large QVF File trough Qlik API

Hello Everybody

I come to ask for help, because, I try to send QVF files via API Qlik in Qlik Cloud with a program in python.

I use the python request library to send the QVF via API and it works, the application is created in Qlik Cloud.

However, when the QVF weighs more than 250Mo, the sending fails, so I split the sending using chunk, but even if the sending is done well, the application is not created.

Is there a specific method to send QVF over 250MB via Qlik API?

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
  • API

4 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @flo59243!

Could you share how you're doing it today? And what size apps are you likely to need to move?

We have some examples using our Platform SDK (python) here, have you seen how these work? 

flo59243
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @DaveChannon,

Thanks for helping.

Currently I don't use the SDK platform, i don't know how it works but i will see the link you send, thanks.

I use the requests library of python.

I would like to move apps larger than 1GB.

i join my code below (the code  works with application under 250Mb), i just changed the tenant and the authKey

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Sure - here's the project, the page includes an install guide and also an export/ import app example: https://pypi.org/project/qlik-sdk/ 

Will try to have a look at your example a little later

flo59243
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Ok, 

I just tried with the SDK, it works for my apps test of 320ko but i tried with my other QVF test of 1.03GB, and it doesn't work