Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berndpodhradsky
Partner - Contributor III

Single Object URL Callbacks in June 2018

Hi everyone!

We make extensive usage of custom callbacks as used in Single Object URLs (as described in the documentation) by using the &callback=<our_callback_name> URL parameter and the appropriate javascript that handles these callbacks:

windows.<our_callback_name> = {
                                   onValid: function (vis)

{

doSomeStuff();

},

onRendered: function (vis)

{                                                              

doSomeStuff();    

},

onError: function (vis,message)

{                                                                                                        doSomeStuff();

}

};

This has worked in all releases of Qlik Sense without any problems; after installing June 2018, however, our callback functions are never called, thus "doSomeStuff" is never called. This applies to both Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense; it has definitely something to do with the upgrade, because - without changing anything else on the system - it works immediately before applying the June 2018 update and it stops working immediately after applying the June 2018 update.

The documentation does not contain any changes, so I guess this method is still supposed to work.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

4 Replies
SteveNewman
Employee
Employee

‌I have not tried this myself, but given that it is still documneted (Help - Single API URL) it should still be supported. I would recommend that you log a support case and you may even want to see if there is any conversation about this over in the Qlik Branch Slack Channel for Qlik Developers.

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi berndpodhradsky‌,

It's a bug we introduced in the June release - I created a bug so we can fix it, but it will be great if you log an issue too.

/aiham

berndpodhradsky
Author

I'm already on contact with Qlik Support regarding this issue; is this sufficient or do you want me do log the issue somewhere else as well?

Thanks for your prompt response,

Bernd

Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

No, thank you - we already synced with support.