cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync user directories through QRS API

Hi,

Trying to synchronize all the new users added in my Qlik sense user directory. New users get added into my qlik sense directory via LDAP sync.  I'm able to successfully call the Qlik Repository Service API, i.e., qrs/userdirectoryconnector/syncuserdirectories. The call is successful but I'm unable to view the users in the QMC.  Could someone help me on achieving this through the QRS APIs. I'm able to do this through the QMC by setting up a trigger for automatically syncing users from LDAP to qlik sense directory. I want to achieve this programmatically, through the APIs.

Thanks.

5 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Sai,

> The call is successful but I'm unable to view the users in the QMC.

I am not following. What does this mean?

The endpoint for triggering a sync is:

POST /qrs/userdirectoryconnector/syncuserdirectories

Body: ["GUID of UDC"]

Are you not seeing additional users added to Qlik Sense? If so, what is your UDC config?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Levi,

The API call is successful. I get 204 status code with no content, but users are not added to qlik sense. Users need to get added from ldap to qliksense. Moreover, the GUID of UDC keeps changing. My UDC config is Generic LDAP. I get this working manually by syncing it in the QMC. I want to do it programmatically through this API.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Again, I am not following things. Here's my work-flow:

Untitled Project.gif

> I get 204 status code with no content, but users are not added to qlik sense. Users need to get added from ldap to qliksense.

This suggests that either the UDC is not configured to pull in new users. e.g. sync data for existing users is checked or that there are no new users to sync.

> Moreover, the GUID of UDC keeps changing.

This should not occur unless you delete the UDC. The GUIDs are assigned on creation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Levi,

Done a POST request to this API endpoint  qrs/userdirectoryconnector/syncuserdirectories with GUID in the body of the request. It does not sync new users into Qlik sense or does not find them in QMC Users. Unable to figure out things. Sharing the screenshot for your reference. The GUID of userdirectory connector I am considering is from the QMC. It is constantly changing.

On Wednesday, November 7th it is :

Capture3.PNG

Again, on Thursday, November 8th :

Capture1.PNG

Also, sharing my UDC configuration.

Capture2.PNG

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

That isn't the GUID of the UDC. That's the GUID of a synthetic table created by the QMC to provide the layout.

Call /qrs/userdirectory/full to determine the GUID of the particular UDC.