Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Too many virtual proxies in the QMC - not sure which is used? How to tell?

Hi,

We have 6 virtual proxies in our Production server. This information is in the Virtual proxies page of the QMC.

This seems like too many and I am not sure which one is being used.

Is there a way to tell which virtual proxies are used and not used?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Interesting question.

I don't think that info is readily available, so my approach would be to use the regular Operations Monitor app and sift through it for information about the VPs.

For example, let's say you have VPs called vp_test, vp_finance and vp_report. Do a full text search for those terms (maybe one at a time, to keep things simple) in the OpsMonitor app. I suspect you will get results in the "Context" log entry field.

Then create new table in which you count those log files against week, maybe?

While not perfect this could give you a rough idea of what VPs are used, and if the first test works you can always refine the concept later.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

@mwallman ,

The virtual proxy in use is recorded in the Proxy > Trace > Audit log in the VirtualProxy column. Here's a super quick and dirty app which can be used. Example output:

Levi_Turner_0-1598862795513.png