Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nolan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Variable Toggle: Switching between Measures

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am in the process of creating a sheet where the user can switch between both Sales and Units as seen below:

Variable Toggle.png

I am using a variable in both the toggle and the chart to narrow down the selections to one group purchasing organization that contains the customers seen on the chart. For some reason, each individual customer shows the TOTAL Sales and Units for the organization as a whole, rather than the individual statistics. 

The variable is defined as follows:

num(Sum({<[GPO]={'BLANK'}>}[Contract Sales]),'$#,##0;($#,##0)')

(BLANK being the GPO name)

Below are the Parameters for both the Extension and the Chart

Variable Extension Parameters:

Extension parameters.png

Chart Parameters:

chart parameteres.png

Does anyone have a way to fix this issue? Thank you in advance!

Nolan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edwin
Master II
Master II

this could either  be
1. the variable containing your measure has an = sign, meaning it is immediately calculated and becomes a constant.
2. an issue with the data model and not the chart if the dimension and measures are linked together.  

other than that, pls show screen shot of the variable definition used in the measure and possibly your load script (just the part with the dimension and measure)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

this could either  be
1. the variable containing your measure has an = sign, meaning it is immediately calculated and becomes a constant.
2. an issue with the data model and not the chart if the dimension and measures are linked together.  

other than that, pls show screen shot of the variable definition used in the measure and possibly your load script (just the part with the dimension and measure)

Nolan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much for your response, Edwin.

I have since found a different way around the issue, but really appreciate your help!

Nolan