Skip to main content

Integration, Extension & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibsontk1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

What is the qv-activate event? When does it trigger?

Hey guys, sorry if this is a simple question but I'm having a very hard time finding any information on it. I keep seeing the qv-activate action in misc. extensions and in the API reference, such as in this snippet:

$element.find('li').on('qv-activate', function() {

if(this.hasAttribute("data-value")) {

var value = parseInt(this.getAttribute("data-value"), 10), dim = 0;

self.selectValues(dim, [value], true);

}

});

What does this event reference exactly? When does it trigger? Are there more qlik-specific events available, and if there are, is there some sort of documentation for them? I've been scouring the API reference and Google with no luck.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi gibsontk1‌,

qva-activate it's an internal wrapper for the angular ng-click, and shouldn't have been exposed in the documentation since it doesn't do much more than clicking and some touch device specific events.

We have more qlik-specific events, but only for internal use, so there is no documentation available.

I recommend you to use ng-click instead, a list of available angularjs events can be found here: Angular HTML Events

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi gibsontk1‌,

qva-activate it's an internal wrapper for the angular ng-click, and shouldn't have been exposed in the documentation since it doesn't do much more than clicking and some touch device specific events.

We have more qlik-specific events, but only for internal use, so there is no documentation available.

I recommend you to use ng-click instead, a list of available angularjs events can be found here: Angular HTML Events

I hope this helps

gibsontk1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the info!