Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gibsontk1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

What is the qv-activate event? When does it trigger?

Hey guys, sorry if this is a simple question but I'm having a very hard time finding any information on it. I keep seeing the qv-activate action in misc. extensions and in the API reference, such as in this snippet:

$element.find('li').on('qv-activate', function() {

if(this.hasAttribute("data-value")) {

var value = parseInt(this.getAttribute("data-value"), 10), dim = 0;

self.selectValues(dim, [value], true);

}

});

What does this event reference exactly? When does it trigger? Are there more qlik-specific events available, and if there are, is there some sort of documentation for them? I've been scouring the API reference and Google with no luck.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi gibsontk1‌,

qva-activate it's an internal wrapper for the angular ng-click, and shouldn't have been exposed in the documentation since it doesn't do much more than clicking and some touch device specific events.

We have more qlik-specific events, but only for internal use, so there is no documentation available.

I recommend you to use ng-click instead, a list of available angularjs events can be found here: Angular HTML Events

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Aiham_Azmeh
Employee
Employee

Hi gibsontk1‌,

qva-activate it's an internal wrapper for the angular ng-click, and shouldn't have been exposed in the documentation since it doesn't do much more than clicking and some touch device specific events.

We have more qlik-specific events, but only for internal use, so there is no documentation available.

I recommend you to use ng-click instead, a list of available angularjs events can be found here: Angular HTML Events

I hope this helps

gibsontk1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Alright, good to know. Thanks for the info!