Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qlik script or code or expression for the "export data" function

So, I would like to subset a dataset by ROWS using, naturally, SELECTIONS. 

Once my selection is resulted in the sheet, with a right click, I can "export data" to obtain an xslx file version; (reference: Exporting data from a visualization ‒ Qlik Sense).

What I would really like is to have the Qlik sense script or code to reproduce the "export data" command and generate the same file / table right there in place in QLIK sense, so that I can now continue to use newly generated row-subsetted table  for more work.

For example, I would like to  use such new table as the QLIK sense inputfile into R for further manipulation in R.

Thanks in advance.

Oguchi

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The core of the idea of integration R and Qlik Sense is not to do that.

We do not want to export data to do something in R. Via selection in Qlik and via integration with R we send the data which we want to process in R, get it processed and place results on chart - and all that invisibly for user. Why don't you try to integrate R with your application?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam:

What you have described as "the core of the idea... is exactly what I am trying to accomplish: the input data is originating from QLIK Sense visualized after a selection. In addition to the export function which involves a non-"invisible" step, my question is how to use get QLIK Sense to send this data to R "invisibly" and following manipulation in R invisibly, R can return it back to QLIK Sense invisibly as an outputted file for ongoing QLIK Sense action -- "all that invisibly for the user.".

R is already integrated into my QLIK Sense Desktop, using the instructions posted here and getting help from kind and generous members of the group like you; without this latter group, I wouldn't have gotten this far, at least, not this fast.

It will really help me and I will appreciate it if you have an answer to my question. Thanks in advance.

Oguchi