Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Sheet level access

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sheet level access

Last Update:

Oct 7, 2022 9:27:44 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jul 25, 2013 8:51:40 AM

Attachments

Hi,

This document helps in implementing Sheet level access based on the user using Section Access.  I configured four users A, B, C and D and no password is required to login.

If you login as A, then you can see both Sheet1 and Sheet2.

If you login as B, then you can see only Sheet1.

If you login as C, then you can see only Sheet2.

If you login as D, then you can see both Sheet1 and Sheet2.

The user access is defined in the table

UserID Sheet1 Sheet2
A 1 1
B 1 0
C 0 1
D 1 1

Hope this helps others in implementing Sheet level security.

Regards,

Jagan.

Labels (1)
Comments
vireshkolagimat
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, it works fine if i give the userID as A but when i gave the userID as B, it says access denied to the Qlikview Document.

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Good information. Thank you.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi,

To implement sheet level access step by step  or more deep level App objects level access please refer this document:

Sheet or App Object Level Security Qlik Sense

anuradhaa
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

Is it possible to use qlikview user name to this sheet access directly (Direct Autentication) with out pop up a dialog box by asking the User Name

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Can you please explain the concern in detail , Sorry

anuradhaa
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I mean when i open attached QVW , it ask USER ID. So i don't want to implement that pop up.

I want qlikview to get user ID form loged user and Show data according to it.

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi ,

When you open the QVW and it ask for user id and password , this is part of authentication. what we do in section access that is pat of authorization. If you donot wana that credential promt you may configure you network with single sign on, it means when you logged in with your machine in your local network it will give you authentication automatically to the server so when you try to get services by server it will not ask any user name and password.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction. 

Sivapriya_d
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Can try with NTNAME...it will work...

Thanks,

Siva

prasadmundewadi
Contributor III
Contributor III

stalwar1 I have seen this happening. Once you reload the app you have to close the app and reopen it then only the section access will work. Weird behavior I learnt it the hard way.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's not so weird. On the contrary, it is quite logical. If you enter a section-access protected document, you get data reduction on opening the document only. If in the same session you initiate a reload, you'll be loading all data in your data model again and no section access will be applied after that because you're not reopening the document. You're now able to look at all the data, which is why a USER reload should be disabled as much as possible in section-access protected documents.

You may ask yourself why it happens like this? Simple: if QlikView would reapply section access + data reduction after every reload, and the user decides to store the document, what data would be in the saved QVW file? And would anyone else still have access to this document?

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-10-07 09:27 AM
Updated by: