Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dezrrehm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Client Authentication for Qlik Sense Mobile

I have been stumped trying to login to the Mobile app using my production Enterprise instance (v Feb 2018).  I am using the same Client Authentication link that works for Qlik Sense Desktop, but when I use that for Mobile, I get "Server log in attempt failed"  I have a single node installation and the path is just the domain name of the server.

I notice the default Demo server points to an "autoticket" path in the mobile app, which I assume is setup to be anonymous access virtual proxy, which is not what mine is setup for. 

I have searched far and wide for documentation on how to prep the server to see if there is a step I'm missing, but I can't seem to find the answer so I'm turning here!  I've even downloaded the logs from the mobile device and haven't found anything of use.  I've tried generating a link with the REST port instead of the default too.  I'm assuming it's something I need to do with the Virtual Proxy?  Any input is much appreciated?  Even a link to the document I must be missing!

7 Replies
tanveerginqo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Are you using a trusted SSL certificate like godaddy?

Also, Are you a full token user or a Login token user?

dezrrehm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Are you using a trusted SSL certificate like godaddy?

Yes

Also, Are you a full token user or a Login token user?

Yes, but I don't even get to a login screen, the error comes up right away.  The errors in the iOS log say the app is getting a 403 redirect to the login page and records that as an error.

Thanks for your reply

tanveerginqo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Actually we are stuck in a similar situation. AD authentication works fine. but ADFS with SAML gives error Server login failed.

dezrrehm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I only have one single AD User Directory Connector.  Are you saying the mobile app works, but only for certain users or types of authentication?

My problems seems more like an issue with the Virtual Proxy not working with the Qlik Sense Mobile App.

tanveerginqo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Yes, our mobile application authenticates fine when we use AD with Qlik Sense in the same domain.

When we try to authenticate with ADFS we get a "Server login attempt failed" error.

dezrrehm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sounds like we're kind of in the same boat than.  Anyone else have any ideas?

brf
Employee
Employee

For for the late reply. Could you enable detailed diagnostics, reproduce the issue then

send me the logs (peter.fowler@qlik.com)