Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Sense License Monitor

  • License MonitorExplore license allocation and utilization over time by license type, user, and app.
    • v7.18.0  (June 2019 release) 
      • *June 27, 2019 update: Fixes not showing anonymous usage of Analyzer Capacity minutes -- no change to data model (QLIK-96593)
      • *Jun 7, 2019 update*: bugfix QLIK-96354 - reload fails if Analyzer Capacity allocated but unused.
      • "Usage Snapshot" sheet for quick reference of license usage (easy one-page screen shot of historical license utilization)
      • "Unified Licensing History" sheet showing Professional/Analyzer/Capacity usage across Sense and QlikView (requires signed license with Sense and QlikView Server April 2019; requires configuring the monitor_apps_qlikview_logs data connection) 
      • Addition of historical Analyzer Capacity Minutes used (Jun'19 and Apr19 patch 1 forward)
      • Compatibility:  April 2018 and later, but requires updating the following monitor_apps_REST data connections: *_user_condensed, *_license_analyzer, *_license, *_license_professional, *_license_overview
5 Replies
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

HI Tyler, will this app monitor the capacity licences on a per user consumption. If not is there anything that can be done using the log files? A client of mine has capacity licences but would like to tranfer users over to an analyser licence when they consume a set amount of time in a month. 

Thank you in advance. 

Stu

Lily_sayuri
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, thank you for sharing your nice app.

I have a question, is there a way to monitor the capacity licence consumption per QlikView session?

I have tried to create an app based on this app to check QlikView Analyzer Capacity licence consumption per user and per app.
It seems that your app measures the consumption blocks by counting rows in the events log which contains the message '*Analyzer Capacity*', but as far as I can see, there is only one row for each SessionID in the events log.  So, it is calculated that every session consumes only one block (6 minutes).

Is the consumption recorded in other logs? Or do I need to change the QlikView Server settings to record the consumption in the logs?

Thanks, 

Lily

RCGreco2304
Contributor II
Contributor II

Lirio,

 

I have the same problem. Have you been able to move forward with this? 

Lily_sayuri
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've managed the case about this problem to Qlik Support, however there is no definite answer.

The reason is that they can only answer about the case using the above License Monitor.qvf app, not for my QlikView app using the same logic.

I hope this can be of some help.
Please reply if you get any new information.

p_verkooijen
Partner - Specialist
Partner - Specialist

@Tyler_Waterfall 

Enabling / configuring the correct path to monitor_apps_qlikview_logs causes the reload to fail when there is no capacity in place.

p_verkooijen_0-1709910406859.png

I've changed the drop table command in the tab "qlikview_logs" to (line 165)

IF NoOfRows('qlikview_Events')>0 THEN
Drop Table qlikview_Events; // No longer need this table
ENDIF


Also had to change the object to reflect last used QlikSense/QlikView and Overall in Sheet User Detail

p_verkooijen_1-1709910534897.png

QlikSense Last Used  (only changed the name of the master item dimension)

Dimension: User Access Last Used

QlikView Last Used

Measure: DATE(COALESCE(MAX({<[App Stream]={'QlikView'}>}[Access Date]), 'Never'))

Overall Last Used

Measure: DATE(COALESCE(RANGEMAX(MAX({<[App Stream]={'QlikView'}>}[Access Date]), MAX({<[User Access Last Used]-={'Never'}>}[User Access Last Used])), 'Never'))