Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Administrator_Dude
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

What is needed to Prevent .DS_Store Vulnerabilities on Qlik Sense Servers

Hello Qlik Community, 
Recently I was posed with a question around .DS_Store Vulnerabilities that came up during a vulnerability scan on a Qlik Sense Server that a customer of mine has. I reviewed the vulnerability, and it seems that if customers uses Apple Products and browse folder structures, they can leave junk files that can open vulnerabilities, like .DS_Store. I was wondering if there was a Qlik Sense Level way of preventing these vulnerabilities. 

Outside of Qlik Security, in Windows GPO, you can block extension types. It would be required to remove any of the .DS_Store files to clear the vulnerability, but blocking the extensions at the user GPO level should prevent new .DS_Stores from being added. Regular File Scans for the extension type could also be a good practice. 

I would like to be able to recommend a Qlik Level solution as I manage Qlik for the clients, not Windows. Any advice from the Qlik Community? 

Thanks! 

Labels (2)
0 Replies