Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben_sturgess
Contributor
Contributor

Automatic rerun of failed plan in TMC

Hi, is there a way in TMC that we can automatically rerun or resume a failed plan? I have tried to do this using a handler, I have a plan which always seems to fail on the same task. So I added a handler to the step to rerun the failed task. The task runs fine the second time, but then the plan does not keep going it stops there and I have to rerun it manually.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruchi_27
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Rerun failed plan from a selected step was implemented in the R2021-04 release  and has been improvised in the R2022-01 release which allows changing the order of the steps.

Regarding automating the rerun of failed plans, it is not possible to run tasks automatically but you can try Using the Talend Cloud Management Console Public API to get the task list with the failed status and then run these tasks again via API.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to point out your actual needs very clearly from the beginning. That you are confused should be expected if you read through this thread.

ben_sturgess
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I thought it was pretty clear what I meant. I am looking for a way to automatically rerun or resume a failed plan in TMC.

Now for my particular scenario:

• I have a plan which fails on the same task every day (more or less)
  • the task runs fine on re-run
  • I added a handler to this step of the plan, the handler reruns the same task which is failing
  • Handler runs successfully

I expected at this point that the rest of the plan would carry on as normal, but this is not the case. Therefore I need a way to automatically resume this plan, since in runs in the wee hours of the morning and I am not able to restart it manually.

Does anybody have anything constructive to add to this discussion?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue still no fix to this.

Ruchi_27
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Rerun failed plan from a selected step was implemented in the R2021-04 release  and has been improvised in the R2022-01 release which allows changing the order of the steps.

Regarding automating the rerun of failed plans, it is not possible to run tasks automatically but you can try Using the Talend Cloud Management Console Public API to get the task list with the failed status and then run these tasks again via API.

Thanks!