Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtreubig
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Data Transfer - Select Files rather than entire Folder?

When using Qlik Data Transfer, is it possible to select only a single file (or a few selected files) within a folder, rather than the entire contents of the folder?  

Use case:  another department provides a shared excel file in a folder.  That folder contains other files that we do not want to sync to Qlik Cloud, and moving the file is not an option since it is used by other processes.  We want to reference that file in a Qlik Saas Analytics app.  My understanding is that we can use QDT to copy the entire folder, but not just select a single file from a folder.  

If not QDT, what other options are there for Qlik Sense Saas to use an on premise file in the load script?  

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! 
You can probably build Powershell script using the Qlik-cli to update the data file, and run the script on a schedule.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @mtreubig 

Qlik Data Transfer is basically a legacy product now, and will not be expanded. We are bringing the file upload functionality to Qlik Data Gateway instead.

Feel free to make any suggestion about what we should implement and how on our Ideation page, and our product team will consider it!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! 
You can probably build Powershell script using the Qlik-cli to update the data file, and run the script on a schedule.

mtreubig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, I'll look into that.  Do you think the Qlik Data Transfer tool would (or could) be expanded to offer this functionality on it's own, or will the qlik-cli be the preferred method for this use case?  

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @mtreubig 

Qlik Data Transfer is basically a legacy product now, and will not be expanded. We are bringing the file upload functionality to Qlik Data Gateway instead.

Feel free to make any suggestion about what we should implement and how on our Ideation page, and our product team will consider it!

mtreubig
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you, that's helpful to know.  I will share my feedback for single-file ability in the Ideation portal.