Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliksenseadminthomascook
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik sense Application Access in Space

Hi Team,

I have an application called A,B,C this are the three application  in space called Crop I have a 3 users 1,2,3.

User 1 should see only app A in the space and should not see App B and C same for user 2 he should see application B and not app A and C where as same for app C which should be accessed by user 3 only

So i there any solution for restricting a user based on app in the same common space .Please help Thanks 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Leigh_Kennedy
Employee
Employee

The only way you can achieve what you ask is by sharing the apps individually with the users as needed using the 'Share' function on the app menu (which you open by clicking on the 3 dots in the bottom right of the app.  E.g.

Leigh_Kennedy_0-1719196167557.png

However this is not really how spaces were designed and would be difficult to manage.  An alternative way to achieve what you want would be to have the apps is separate spaces, but create a collection which covers the apps across spaces.  Here I have 3 apps is 3 separate spaces:

Leigh_Kennedy_1-1719196588970.png

I created a collection and added the 3 apps above to that collection:

Leigh_Kennedy_2-1719196662952.png

However if a user only had permissions on SPACE-A, they would only see APP-A.  If They had permissions on SPACE-A and SPACE-C, they would see APP-A and APP-C.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Leigh_Kennedy
Employee
Employee

The only way you can achieve what you ask is by sharing the apps individually with the users as needed using the 'Share' function on the app menu (which you open by clicking on the 3 dots in the bottom right of the app.  E.g.

Leigh_Kennedy_0-1719196167557.png

However this is not really how spaces were designed and would be difficult to manage.  An alternative way to achieve what you want would be to have the apps is separate spaces, but create a collection which covers the apps across spaces.  Here I have 3 apps is 3 separate spaces:

Leigh_Kennedy_1-1719196588970.png

I created a collection and added the 3 apps above to that collection:

Leigh_Kennedy_2-1719196662952.png

However if a user only had permissions on SPACE-A, they would only see APP-A.  If They had permissions on SPACE-A and SPACE-C, they would see APP-A and APP-C.

Hope this helps.