Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coxon_88
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview section access not working once published to Qlik SaaS

Hi,

I've published one of our on-premise Qlikview apps to our Qlik Cloud environment but the section access no longer works. It does use the field NTNAME which looking at online documentation this has been phased out in favour of USERID. To rule this out I renamed the field in the section access script but I still get access denied. Does anyone know the format of USERID/NTNAME in Qlik Cloud? I have tried the following in the SA script but neither seem to work:

FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME

DOMAIN\FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coxon_88
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE:

In our case the field USERID does not function correctly in apps passed over to the cloud from an on-premise Qlikview QMC. If we stick with the format ACCESS | NTNAME | REDUCTION FIELD then the native qlikview apps transfer and function correctly in the cloud. The format of the NTNAME needs to be DOMAIN\FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME for the permissions to apply.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @coxon_88 ,

please check this:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/manag... 

You might want to use something different, like, for instance, the email address. 

The user ID can be checked with the OSUser() function... or in the management console.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
coxon_88
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your response. I can't use email address unfortunately as our service account which runs the QMC task to transfer over to the cloud doesn't have one so it would fail. I've checked the OSUser values in the cloud and it shows 'UserId = firstname.lastname'. I've tried every permutation of this in the script, in capitals, lower case, capitalized, with domain, without domain and still to no avail. It's almost as if it doesn't recognize the field USERID in the cloud version. Should the fieldname definitely be USERID? 

coxon_88
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE:

It would appear that the cloud distribution task which runs on our Qlikview QMC to publish the apps to the cloud has different credentials to our standard service account and the task can't open the app as it isn't named in the section access. Unfortunately I can't find the credentials being used by this task, any ideas how i can find this out??

coxon_88
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE:

In our case the field USERID does not function correctly in apps passed over to the cloud from an on-premise Qlikview QMC. If we stick with the format ACCESS | NTNAME | REDUCTION FIELD then the native qlikview apps transfer and function correctly in the cloud. The format of the NTNAME needs to be DOMAIN\FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME for the permissions to apply.