Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Send to Excel only working on Qlik Cloud if QlikView document is on a Space that I am the owner

@mayureshdabholk and I are working on an issue we noticed this morning.

Context:

QlikView documents are being distributed to Qlik Cloud directly from QlikView QMC.

All users on the space must be able to Export to Excel. This is an important step while we convert the QlikView documents to Qlik Cloud native.

If the QlikView document is opened on the Personal space, user is able to Send to Excel normally. Same happens if the document is on a space owned by the user.

Export to Excel stops working when the document is on a Space Owned by other users.

This same behavior can be reproduced on brand new application as well.

Scanning the settings, could not find an indicator of the reason for this.

User permissions on the space are attached!

Is this the expected behavior? 

QlikView 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @hugo_andrade , I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I'm able to export from spaces I don't own, it doesn't matter if managed or shared. Can you please open a support case with all the details mentioning this discussion? Please, also provide a sample app.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

May I ask if you also tested using a QlikView Distribution to cloud instead of the upload option from the cloud HUB?

Thank you for trying to reproduce.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Hugo , I guess I misunderstood the reference to "brand new" applications, I thought in that case you uploaded it manually. I'll try again with a distribution, thanks!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @hugo_andrade , it works for me with distributed files. Which version of QlikView Server are you using for distribution? I tested it on the latest.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Daniele_Purrone ,

The version of QlikView server is "May 2023 SR1".