Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III

The user does not have permission to the gateway (DirectAccess-0002)

We are new to Qlik SaaS and are currently working on our migration.  I had a direct access gateway (v 1.66) installed and working.  We were able to communicate to our (very old) SQL server and pull data.

Today one of our network admins ran Windows updates on the server and now I get the error: "The user does not have permission to the gateway (DirectAccess-0002)" when I try to use the connection.

I tried creating a new connection using that direct access gateway and I get the same error.

I attempted to look through the logs for the direct access gateway (in Qlik) and I'm see what I believe are successful pings to the gateway.  The status of the connector is also connected.

I've checked the permissions of everything I can think of in Qlik SaaS (I'm a tenant admin).

I've attached screenshots of both the error I get in the connection as well as the error I get when I try to reload the data in the data load editor.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In this case the Space that was associated with the Direct Access gateway got accidentally deleted.  The following steps were used to fix the issue

• Verify the space is gone (in this case there were numbers instead of a space name on the direct access connection in the QMC)
  • If you have your original registration key handy you can use that for the new gateway otherwise
  • Go to the server where you have the direct access agent installed and run the commands to generate and save a new registration key (found in the Direct access setup docs)
  • Go back to to Qlik SaaS and create a new Direct Access connection with the new key.  Make sure to select a space that you will not remove!
  • You will need to restart the Qlik Data Gateway (Windows service) on the server in order for the new key to work. 
  • Your Direct Access Gateway will now show "connected" when you refresh the window in the QMC.
  • You will need to also fix or rebuild any connections that were referencing your original gateway.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mattdetwiler
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In this case the Space that was associated with the Direct Access gateway got accidentally deleted.  The following steps were used to fix the issue

• Verify the space is gone (in this case there were numbers instead of a space name on the direct access connection in the QMC)
  • If you have your original registration key handy you can use that for the new gateway otherwise
  • Go to the server where you have the direct access agent installed and run the commands to generate and save a new registration key (found in the Direct access setup docs)
  • Go back to to Qlik SaaS and create a new Direct Access connection with the new key.  Make sure to select a space that you will not remove!
  • You will need to restart the Qlik Data Gateway (Windows service) on the server in order for the new key to work. 
  • Your Direct Access Gateway will now show "connected" when you refresh the window in the QMC.
  • You will need to also fix or rebuild any connections that were referencing your original gateway.