Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Wild Card in Load Script

I have been using client managed Qlik Sense for a while.  I have load scripts that work just fine.  They aren't working in Qlik Cloud.  The problem is the wild card in the file name:

LOAD
fields...

FROM [lib://...path.../../TD/2023 TD Quest - AM Asset Mgmt*.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [AM Asset Management]);

Without the wild card it loads fine, but not with it.  All the files in the directory have a slightly different ending.  Not sure to work around this.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Vishal_Gupta
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@wttaryde unfortunately qlik cloud does not support wildcard match in script.

Though you can write a simple loop by creating a variable and iterating the values in it based on your logic.

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a SOLUTION and leave a LIKE!
wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

And yet on the website it clearly shows wild cards in the instructions.  Any suggestions on this?  I need to replace the last part of the file name 'APS - 21'. All my files end differently.

FOR EACH File IN FileList('lib://Dropbox - debi.mclain@1qconsulting.com/1QC Benchmarking/2023 Benchmarking/TD/Data Output/TD/2023 TD Quest - AM Asset Mgmt - APS - 21.xlsx')

ResponseTable:
CrossTable(Year, Response, 17)

LOAD

Field1,
Field2,

Field3

FROM $(File)
(ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is [AM Asset Management]);

Jul_K
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Wttaryde,

have you found already a solution to this topic? I am having the same problem. 

wttaryde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found that there is no solution. That last time I checked it was clearly stated that the wild card didn’t work. I haven’t looked in a while because we changed the data files and I no longer needed the wildcard.