Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristi_Balaur
Contributor
Contributor

2 columns with sums based on 2 date filters

Hi,

I'm new in Qlik Sense and Ihave a question:

Is it possible to set 2 columns that sum the sales amount based on 2 filters of the date values in a pivot table?

I need to show in a column the sales amount for selected dates in the first filter and in the second column thae sales amount for selected dates from the second filter.

Please help!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

You can do it pretty easily using alternate states, see the sample functionality in the attached app.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/alternate-...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You can do it pretty easily using alternate states, see the sample functionality in the attached app.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/alternate-...

Cristi_Balaur
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

I will test this tomorrow.

I think it's what i needed.

Cristi_Balaur
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

It's working now like in the link...

But there is another problem...

In the pivot table, the other selections on dimensions don't work anymore.

It's supposed to work like that or I'm doing something wrong?

Digvijay_Singh

Yeah, alternate states are tricky, they work only in objects which are assigned alternate states, or prefixed in set analysis. you may need to provide few comments at the top of sheet to guide users about the usage of this particular sheet

Cristi_Balaur
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ok. Thanks for your help!

I've created double filters for all dimensions and now it's ok.

Very complicated, but it's doing the work.

Thanks again.