Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed37
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Access to Qlik Sense Desktop

After authenticating successfully against Qlik Sense Enterprise server, I have launched the Qlik Sense Desktop ... the "bubles" are displayed as usual bur after a few minutes, the following error message is displayed:

jed37_0-1634057953215.png

What does that mean?

What sould I do?

9 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

@jed37 Have you checked the log file? What does it say? 

Since the error is in a different language, I am not able to figure out what it says. Can you translate?

The default location is <user>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Qlik sense desktop. Latest copy link: https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/QlikSenseDesktop/14.28/3/_MSI/Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe

Let me know how it goes.

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
jed37
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Dear Vinay,

As per your advice, I have downloaded the latest version of 'Qlik Sense Desktop'.

After authenticating the client via the Qlik Sense Hub, the desktop is launched and displays the following screen:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D7C1C1.47D46630]

... I clic then of 'JPI SBS Local Desktop' button ... the screen disappears and nothing does happen 😞

In attachment are the log files.

Thanks in advance for your support.

BR

Vinay_B
Support
Support

I am not able to see that attachment you did. Can you share it again?

Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
jed37
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry for the late reply.

Would you be able to read the logs while enclosed in a 'zip' file ?

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @jed37  Yeah sure, Zip file is okay. 

Also, take a look at the steps in the below post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates-Blog/Troubleshooting-Qlik-Sense-Desktop-Authentication...

Note: Since the error screenshot is in a different language, please convert it to English and update it. 

Thanks!

jed37
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Since I have upgraded the desktop version, I don't have the error message anymore.

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @jed37 So the issue is resolved after upgrading to the latest version?

jed37
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately not.

Here is the status:

As per your advice, I have downloaded the latest version of 'Qlik Sense Desktop'.

After authenticating the client via the Qlik Sense Hub, the desktop is launched and displays the following screen:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D7C437.78B98AF0]

... I clic then of 'JPI SBS Local Desktop' button ... the screen disappears and nothing does happen 😞

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @jed37 The attachment is still not visible. Please raise a ticket with our support team so that a technical engineer can take a remote session and take a look at your environment.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-create-a-case-and-contact-Qlik-Support/ta-p/1710992