Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louveduval
Creator
Creator

Access

Hello 
I'm trying to creat access for different users . I've many 'restaurants' and I want protect the privacy . I need to see all 'restaurants' so I've writted  restaurant = *  and for an user who have the right to see just the 'restaurants' MST   => restaurant =  MST . 

But it doesn't work , when I load the data I ve just the data of MST 'restaurants'

Can you help me ? 

Best regards 

Section Access;

LOAD * inline [
ACCESS, USERID, GROUP, Restaurant,
ADMIN, PIZZA\ADMINISTRATEUR, *, *,
ADMIN, TERNAL\SAS, *, *,
USER, PIZZA\FA, *, *,
USER, PIZZA\AL, *, *,
USER, PIZZA\JU, *, *,
USER, PIZZA\J, *, *,
USER, PIZZA\CH, *, *,
USER, PIZZA\MA, *, MST,
USER, PIZZA\MST , *, MST,
USER, PIZZA\MST2 , *, MST,
USER, PIZZA\MST3 , *, MST,
];

Section Application;

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

This is explained in help site

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

The wildcard character * in the data reduction column refers only to all values in the security table. If there are values in Section Application that are not available in the reduction column of the security table, they will be reduced.

Therefore, you have to create dummy records for all restaurants or explicitly state for a user who is allowed to see all restaurants.

I hope this solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

This is explained in help site

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

The wildcard character * in the data reduction column refers only to all values in the security table. If there are values in Section Application that are not available in the reduction column of the security table, they will be reduced.

Therefore, you have to create dummy records for all restaurants or explicitly state for a user who is allowed to see all restaurants.

I hope this solves your problem.

Louveduval
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm so stupid xD 
Thank you very much