Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alcarz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding dimension rows to Pivot Table chart dynamically?

I'm dealing with Hierarchies in Qlik Sense using the Hierarchy function (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/August2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptPrefix...). 

In this article you can see an example of the fields it generates: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Unbalanced-n-level-hierarchies/ba-p/1474325

48839_Data%20model%20single%20table%20-%20BP

As you can see, on blue color, there are NodeN fields. So these fields in my case can be different in every script execution (can be more or less nodes) so I can not put a fixed number of these dimensions in the Pivot Table Dimensions Rows:

way.png

Is there any way of filling the Dimensions rows of the Pivot Table dynamically, given the existing nodes loaded in the script?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

No dynamic way to add/remove the dimensions if they exist; but you can dynamically hide/show columns if they exist

If you expect a maximum of 15node levels then just create 15 columns as below

Dimensions

Node1 =$(=if(count(Node1),'Node1'))     & ShowColumnIf  Condition =if(count(Node1),1,0)

Node2 =$(=if(count(Node2),'Node2'))     & ShowColumnIf Condition =if(count(Node2),1,0)

. And so on

Node15 =$(=if(count(Node15),'Node15')) & ShowColumnIf Condition =if(count(Node15),1,0)

the column will show/hide in the pivot table if it exists

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

Try below

Define a variable that dynamically generates the dimensions based on the NodeN fields.

SET vDynamDimensions = 'Node1, Node2, Node3, Node4,..............'; // Adjust this based on your maximum expected nodes

In your Pivot Table, use the variable as dimensions dynamically

PivotTable:
LOAD
Field1,
Field2,
$(vDynamDimensions)
FROM ...

Since your NodeN fields can change in every script execution, you may need to update the variable dynamically based on the actual nodes loaded in the script. You can use Qlik Sense scripting and logic to identify and update the variable accordingly.

You might use a combination of scripting functions, like FieldNumber() or FieldIndex(), to dynamically determine the number of NodeN fields and update your variable.

Alcarz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your ChatGPT answer but that's not what I'm looking for. The problem comes with the Pivot chart attributes, that have to be filled manually and I can't do that for my business requirement.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

No dynamic way to add/remove the dimensions if they exist; but you can dynamically hide/show columns if they exist

If you expect a maximum of 15node levels then just create 15 columns as below

Dimensions

Node1 =$(=if(count(Node1),'Node1'))     & ShowColumnIf  Condition =if(count(Node1),1,0)

Node2 =$(=if(count(Node2),'Node2'))     & ShowColumnIf Condition =if(count(Node2),1,0)

. And so on

Node15 =$(=if(count(Node15),'Node15')) & ShowColumnIf Condition =if(count(Node15),1,0)

the column will show/hide in the pivot table if it exists

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Alcarz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That makes sense 🙂 Not efficient enough but it's just how Qlik works I guess.

Thank you!