Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diagonjope
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

After upgrading QSEoW to Feb 2024, Patch 3, selections on composed fields are not working...

Greetings!

During the weekend we upgraded a customer site to Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows Feb 2024, Patch 3. 

Today the customer is reporting that selections in a composed field (essentially a field presented in a straight table using an expression such as: =field1 & '-' & field2) are not working.  We tried using recent versions of Chrome, Edge and Firefox and we got the same results for all browsers. 

If the user searches for the field value in the column's  search box, then values can be selected, but not when trying to make selections directly using a mouse. 

We tried to see if the same problem is happening in QS Desktop but ts is working OK. 

Could this be a bug? 

Please advise.

++José

Labels (5)
3 Replies
John_Sathya
Support
Support

Hello @diagonjope ,

Will it be possible to share a sample app with the issue so we can replicate this. I can create a support case for you regarding this if it's a possible bug

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

I'm unable to replicate this in a published app on our QS Prod, running February 2024 Patch 3. The expression I tested against is =[Facts.PurchasingDocType] & ' - ' & [Facts.PurchasingDocTypeText]. I can easily search and select values in the master dimension containing that definiton in filter pane.

I would however no longer build a composed selection like this in a master dimensions. It's a much better approach to create those composite fields directly in the script.

diagonjope
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @John_Sathya (& @steeefan) ,

Thanks for your feedback and willingness to help.

I wasn't able to replicate the problem in our server either.  The customer is still testing.  I will report or close the question once I hear more details from the customer.

Cheers,

_++José