Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Assign a 'fixed' calculation to a column in table

Hey there

can anyone point me in the right direction here with adding a column to a table?  As per below, its logged/interactions total.    The total obviously will change based on the selection, but I need it as the same value  in each row, due the the data simply being pasted into a legacy spreadsheet.

Many thanks!

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Oh my bad... I think Logged is referencing to Sum(Logged), right? Try this

sum(Logged)/

Sum(Aggr(

if

(

sum(Logged)>= Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Voice])+Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Non-Voice])-Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Orders]) //more logged than interactions

AND

Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Voice])+Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Non-Voice])-Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Orders])  > 0 //and at least one interaction

,sum(Logged)//then cap logged figure to interactions

,Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Voice])+Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Non-Voice])-Sum([ava_HandledByAgent.Orders])  //or interactions as normal

),

name_uq))

View solution in original post

37 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Logged/Interactions, name_uq))

bha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the speedy reply Sunny, and the link.  I thought it might need set analysis though I am not yet familiar with this.

I havent read the link yet, I have however tried your expression and it didn't seem to work.

bha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This might help!

Untitled.png

sunny_talwar

Logged and Interactions are fields or expressions?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you could use the below expression:

sum(total Logged) / sum(total Interactions)

bha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Good question.  They are expressions in the master items.  However Logged is also a field name, which probably isnt a good idea/practice (just realised).  Logged expression = sum(Logged)

sunny_talwar

So, try something like this

Avg(TOTAL Aggr(Sum(Logged)/Sum(Interactions), name_uq))

bha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to you both.  I have got it working, though need to come back with a clearer head, I have confused myself a little.  Having the field names the same as the expression, and a sum + another sum in one of them, I just need to relook at and understand Sunnys answer.  It only lets me mark 1 answer as correct

anyway Andreas method is working, though for some reason I had to deconstruct the expression

sum(Total Logged)/sum (total[ava_Voice]+[ava_NV]-[ava_Orders])

I'll have a play and come back