Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kutty1989
Contributor II
Contributor II

Average

You can see a formula in the attached picture. 

The result should be 0,45% 

But somehow it is -1,36% 

Any idea why?

kutty1989_0-1620992332733.png

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, hard to say without seeing a few rows of data. Try filtering 2-3 rows of data and post the data filtered for the fields used in expression.,the expected value and the value it returns.

kutty1989
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

kutty1989_0-1621240833499.png

In the attached table you can see the row, I test my formula

rubenmarin

Hi, but in that one the result is the expected 0,45% so nothing wrong to see there. You need at least 2 rows to see the effect of the avg compared to what you expect.

kutty1989
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

kutty1989_0-1621246156955.png

Sorry. I was trying in the meanwhile.

I found two issue. 

1. If I put the "1-" before avg it is ok in case I filter to only one row. If I delete the filter and see more rows, the result will be empty.

2. I tried to see formula step by step. Until the last step the furmula works well. The last number make the result wrong. I cannot understand why

rubenmarin

Hi, if the result at some point is null that will mean that it has 2 difffernt value for the same row. Maybe beacuse the % is set in another table and the relation is 1-N.

You can try to add the filter as dimensions, and applying/removing filters you can see if any combination of dimensions goes to different % values wich will lead to the engne to don't know wich value to pick and therefore returning a null value.

kutty1989
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As you have seen, I filtered my datas to only one row. The calculation result is wrong with only one row. I attached prevousy

kutty1989
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solved. The problem was the relations between the tables.