Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ss09
Contributor III
Contributor III

Best practice for Variable Input Needed

I have a variable input with Dynamic values using this expression: =CONCAT(DISTINCT {<adj_scenario_id_pss-={0}>} $(vTranslateSupply('adjustment_category')),'|')

Where based on the TranslateSupply function we deduce wether to show an english or french list. 

My question is how I set the default value for this - this works, only for the English version but as soon as the tool is switched to french it breaks. I have this vOneDriverPss1_input set as my name variable. Note I have quotes or brackets around it - If I use a Only({set} column) to get one value that also doesn't work.

ss09_0-1699366895273.png

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Based on what filter, the language will change? Because, Qlik needs to understand what argument you are passing into Sub parameter. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ss09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I understand, I will propose a different solution. When you have 3 variable inputs.

ss09_0-1699412487046.png

Where one variable input's options are influenced by the previous one. We note that the values in the dropdown changes but the variable name tied to it, doesn't reflect it.
In my case when the User selects 'Workload' my options change thanks to my set expression - but the variable for the value still retains the old value.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It depends how you defined, Meaning Is that script variable / UI variable. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful