Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxRd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Blank rows appearing in Pivot Table

Hi

I am messing around with Pivot Tables and I have noticed that blank rows appear when I do it (screenshot below)

MaxRd_0-1700663160975.png

I have went into the options and unselected 'Include zero values' which doesn't work, but there is some rogue data coming through in the Total Orders measure that I have created for this.

I have tried to apply a filter to remove this but I can't see any blank options in the row filters, and I cannot apply a filter to this visual based on a measure (I think?).

Can anyone suggest a reason that this may be happening, or suggest a method to remove this first blank row?

Many Thanks.

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not seeing any blank rows - there's actual data in the row that has nulls (7 total orders). I'd suggest investigating your data model to find out where they might be coming from.

If you want to avoid rows where the dimension is null, you can uncheck "Include null values" in the dimension's properties. Note that this is to some extent sweeping the problem under the rug - your data model is still doing to have this issue, but you won't see it in this particular pivot.

Or_0-1700663477036.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not seeing any blank rows - there's actual data in the row that has nulls (7 total orders). I'd suggest investigating your data model to find out where they might be coming from.

If you want to avoid rows where the dimension is null, you can uncheck "Include null values" in the dimension's properties. Note that this is to some extent sweeping the problem under the rug - your data model is still doing to have this issue, but you won't see it in this particular pivot.

Or_0-1700663477036.png