Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niha
Creator II
Creator II

Calculated Dimension by If else statement

hi,

I wanted to create a calculated dimension. here is my syntx but something is wrong . 

if ([Task Name] =('Travel',[External],[HR],[COM],[ECO]),[Task Name],'TopTask')

looks like there are errors in bracket. 

My logic is if Task Name is Travel, [External],[HR],[COM],[ECO], then I want to name as Top Task. Please help. 

Thanks,

Niha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

If(Match([Task Name], 'Travel, 'External', 'HR', 'COM', 'ECO'), 'TopTask', [Task Name])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

If(Match([Task Name], 'Travel, 'External', 'HR', 'COM', 'ECO'), 'TopTask', [Task Name])
niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny. I found no error after trying your code but the output did not solve the purpose. For example I have a Task column which has 70 different task and the name of the column is Task Name. For some need I want to see some specific task . Out of 70 I want to see the sale of 7 imp task. So I created a calculated dimension . So, in a bar chart I can show one dimension Region, calculated dimension( say top task) and measure will be say sales. The calculated dimension has to be sliced and diced like a stack bar chart. So my horizontal will be region , stacked bar will be top task ( it should show only 7 kind of task) and measure is sales. while writing the calculation I found all task except the 7 task may be or something weird. Please suggest.
Thanks,
Niha