Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack-b
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can I make a Pivot Table who's columns become fields ?

So I have loaded in my data table into qlik sense and have created a pivot table from said data. Thus creating a grouped by subset of the original data that can be filtered by dimensions outside the pivot table. I would like to make new measure columns in that pivot table based on the columns already calculated in that table. 

For example if the value in column1 = yes then take the sum of all the rows in column 2  with yes in column 1. 

Is this possible do with a pivot table created from the original data because I don't want to lose the filters tied to the original data?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

See that is a way you can reference the calculated column in Qlik Sense, but in your case it won't work because you want the sum of Column(2) for all rows, but the expressions are calculated for each row.

I would let you explain the scenario in detail with an example.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!