Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mengelhardt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Chart-Level Scripting

Hi all,

a simple Question: Where do I find any documentation, how to do the Chart-Level Scripting, which in general sounds very promising to me?

All I found are two links which are not very helpful:

I just found one example:

Let P = HCNoRows();
     For J = 1 to P
     Put #hc1.measure.1(J) = HCValue(#hc1.dimension.1, P - J+1)

Next;

Questions:

Why do I not find the function HCNoRows() in the Help-Documentation of Qlik?  Where is it?

I know the style of programming in hc1.measure from OOP, but not in Qlik, so where do I find a documentation of the possible Objects, Commands and Functions?  

Best Regards

Marc

Labels (2)
3 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You are heading into a direction that does not exist ; 

What you are trying to achieve may be possible with functions like Aggr() if you can explain your chart requirements

The only other thing you can do is create your own custom extension

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Mengelhardt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer. 

But it's not about, if this code works. It works, it was just c+p from the follwing site:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartLevelScripting/char...

To make things clear: I've asked for a documentation of the new feature "Chart-level-Scripting", see the video "Qlik in 60".   

cjgorrin
Contributor III
Contributor III

The documentation on the chart level scripting functionality is indeed very poor, especially for all the #-expressions and the HCNoRows function.

I hope Qlik does something to improve the documentation on this feature, because they show examples where they assume you know what HCNoRows, #hc1.measure.1(J), #hc1.dimension.1 mean, but they don't specify it anywhere. There is no specific entry for those expressions/functions. In addition, Resident HC1 is not documented anywhere, as far as I saw. They use it in examples as if you knew what it meant.

Also, I kind of discovered myself by trial and error that to insert things into the hypercube, they must match the label of the dimension/measure and not the field's name. This is not documented anywhere.

Even the example given in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartLevelScripting/... is wrong (there's no x or y field in the inline table).

Is it possible to add or remove dimensions and measures? If so, how would you specify in the load script what is a measure/dimension? Not well documented, unfortunately.

For now, I think the trick is to create dummy measures/dimensions with constant values and then replacing them from the chart level script.

Maybe @Sonja_Bauernfeind can escalate this?