Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QS_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Clear a filter when another selection made

I need to display KPIs at two different periods: monthly and weekly. I currently use the following formula in a filter pane to show either a month or week filter. 

if(vTimePeriod=1,
Aggr(Only(FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY),FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY),
Aggr(Only(FLT_DATE.Calendar.WeekNo_Monday),FLT_DATE.Calendar.WeekNo_Monday)
)

vTimePeriod is a variable connected to a variable input with two buttons, where value=1 is Monthly and value =2 is weekly. 

I want to allow only one selection at a time in the filter, so I've put it in checkbox mode.

I am having difficulty implementing two things, as stated below.

1. By default, the last (completed) month should be selected for the month filter. Similarly, the previous (completed) month should be selected for the week filter.

2. When we switch from month to week or vice versa the previous filter should be cleared and show the expected default selection.

3 Replies
TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

If it is a chart, user set analysis to do this. Or maybe a Bookmark and set him by default

Alternate States

TcnCunha_M_0-1701090907326.png

As you think, so shall you become.
hornstrup
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, 

I might be missing something in your requirement - but for:

1: This should be possible using a default dynamic bookmark selecting these values. If the KPI's default is month, then the dynamic bookmark should set latest closed month as a default selection. Could altenatively be set as a sheet action.

2: Use buttons to set the value of the variable, instead of variable input. These allow for multiple actions - including setting variable values and clearing selections etc. 

Not sure I completely follow why the AGGR function is needed in you filter pane? 

All the best, 
Jan

Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

Follow this,

// Set default selection for Month
DefaultFilterMonth:
LOAD * Inline [
Field, Value
FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY, =Date(Max(FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY))
];

// Set default selection for Week
DefaultFilterWeek:
LOAD * Inline [
Field, Value
FLT_DATE.Calendar.WeekNo_Monday, =WeekStart(Max(FLT_DATE.Calendar.Date), 0, 1)
];

Then create action buttons one for weekly and one for Monthly

• Action for Monthly Mode:

• Type: Clear
    • Field: FLT_DATE.Calendar.WeekNo_Monday
    • Search: Leave it blank
  • Action for Weekly Mode:

• Type: Clear
    • Field: FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY
    • Search: Leave it blank

Assign the actions to the respective buttons.

Update the filter pane expression, use the variable 'vTimePeriod'

=Aggr(
Only({<
FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY = {"=$(vTimePeriod=1)*"} >} FLT_DATE.Calendar.Month_MMMYYYY,
FLT_DATE.Calendar.WeekNo_Monday = {"=$(vTimePeriod=2)*"} >} FLT_DATE.Calendar.WeekNo_Monday)
)