Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koen_D
Contributor III
Contributor III

Codepage excel help

Hi qlik experts,

I have a script running that loads data from a .csv file. This csv is replaced often. Normally everything works fine, however this time something in the excel file has changed. Now, instead of using the following:

(txt, unicode, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq)

I have to use:

(txt, codepage is 28591, no labels, delimiter is ';', msq)

in order to load the data.

So the codepage and delimiter has changed. I don't really want to change the script, because I'm sure the next time the source file will probably be in the original formatting again. I'm looking to change this source file so it works in qlik using the original code. I'm also looking to understand deeper what codepage 28591 means (or unicode). I don't quite understand it. Delimiter I understand.

Does anyone know how to change the original .csv file so it uses unicdoe and delimiter '\t'?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Like suggested you could try to overwrite the codepage with unicode again. It will depend on the content - especially to all kinds of special chars - if it has a negative impact or not. A good starting point for this kind of topic may be: Code Page Identifiers - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn

Beside this you could open the file within an editor and apply a replace of ; to tab (you may just open such tab-delimited file and copy a single tab-char). Afterwards the load should work with the origin file-format. Make sure to have a BACKUP before playing with the file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try this

(txt, unicode, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq)

marcus_sommer

Like suggested you could try to overwrite the codepage with unicode again. It will depend on the content - especially to all kinds of special chars - if it has a negative impact or not. A good starting point for this kind of topic may be: Code Page Identifiers - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn

Beside this you could open the file within an editor and apply a replace of ; to tab (you may just open such tab-delimited file and copy a single tab-char). Afterwards the load should work with the origin file-format. Make sure to have a BACKUP before playing with the file.

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary