Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhapanka
Creator
Creator

Color by Background/ text Color expression

Hi,

I have a pivot table in which I calculated the measure using expression :

=Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD))-1

to get the growth rate. I want to color the text Red if below 20%, Amber if between 20%-60% and Green if above 60%.

But since this measure is not a column, I am unable to change the color of it using the regular color by expression function.

How can I achieve this?

I created a master item but of the above formula and called it % change in Sales but unable to get the right code.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Neymar_Jr
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Try as below -

If(

((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD)))-1) < 0.2, rgb(229,122,122),

If(((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD)))-1) > 0.2 and

((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD)))-1) > .6, rgb(229,100,100), green()

)

)

Thanks,

RT

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Neymar_Jr
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

There is background and text color expression option available in measure of pivot chart. I guess, you can use if condition there.

Thanks,

RT

ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

write your condition below options.

Capture.PNG

balabhaskarqlik

May be your expression like this:

=Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD))

And for Text Color change:

=If((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD))) < 20%, rgb(229,122,122),

If((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD))) > 20% and

(Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD))) > 60%, rgb(229,100,100), green())

Neymar_Jr
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Try as below -

If(

((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD)))-1) < 0.2, rgb(229,122,122),

If(((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD)))-1) > 0.2 and

((Sum(NetSalesAmtUSD)/Before(Sum({<[Fiscal Year]>}NetSalesAmtUSD)))-1) > .6, rgb(229,100,100), green()

)

)

Thanks,

RT