Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Color by Expression

Hello Folks!

Question. I have a bar chart (see below). I currently have them sorted by the measure of highest % to lowest %. I want the highest % bar (regardless of the percent) to be green then a slow fade to yellow for the mid bar and slow fade to red to the lowest bar. I want them to match the style of my gauge (see below).

Any ideas how to write this expression? Let me know if more information is needed. Thanks!

Bar Chart - Green fade to yellow fade to red

Theme I want the bars to match ^

Dimensions = [BC]

Measure = Count({$<[LEVEL 0 COMPLETION]={"Y"},[LEVEL 1 COMPLETION]={"Y"},[LEVEL 3 COMPLETION]={"Y"}>}SID)/Count(SID)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Lauren

use this in your color by mesure panel :

color by expression :

ColorMix2( (rank(total column(1))/(noofrows(TOTAL)/2))-1 ,green(), yellow(),lightred())

Tips : you can set variable for colors so that if you use this color formula in several charts and want to change colors , you just have to change the variable rather than change manually all the color mesures

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Lauren

use this in your color by mesure panel :

color by expression :

ColorMix2( (rank(total column(1))/(noofrows(TOTAL)/2))-1 ,green(), yellow(),lightred())

Tips : you can set variable for colors so that if you use this color formula in several charts and want to change colors , you just have to change the variable rather than change manually all the color mesures

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bruno! Thanks for the reply! This is what I got below with that expression. I need the yellow in the middle and red at the end. Please advise.

Not applicable
Author

I fixed it!

expression - ColorMix2( (rank(total column(1))/(noofrows(TOTAL)/2))-1 ,green(), lightred(),yellow()) <---- I rearranged the color order - not sure why this works but it works! Thanks!

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi Lauren

Glad to read it works

for further information about this color theme approch see this post :

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14760

and this one

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16046

regards