Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oneill60
Contributor
Contributor

Complete architecture about Qlick sense vizualisation

Hello Everybody!!

I'm beginner about Qlik Sense. I followed the tutorial on herlp.qlik.com. I work before on Jasper and Power BI. It's for that I'm looking to Qlik sense because I like to know lot of BI software. But there is something about the complete achitecure of qlick sense I don't understand.

I explain:

_On jasper, I create the report on Ireport or JasperStudio. But after all the report is host by jasperserver. I mean all the report is hosted and the client login to jasperserver. They can run the report, dashboard etc. There is a management of user, organization etc.

_On Power BI it's almost the same, we have PowerBI Desktop which can create the report, data treatment, data load etc. And we have PowerBi service wich can host the report, create dashboard, can make access the user to report and dashboard, manage user, manage organization etc.

So how about Qlik sense ?? I know there is Qlik sense desktop where we can create app with visualization, data load and data treatment. But once the app with visualization is finished how all the user can have access ? There is a qlik sense server which can do that ??

Can someone help me please ? Or give me all the component with descritpion like I gave for jasper and PowerBi. On internet the diagram I found are not really easye to understood.

Thank you in advance !

Labels (1)
1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, there is a Qlik Sense Server.  It's called "Qlik Sense Enterprise" when run on-premise or Qlik Cloud when you use Qlik's SaaS offering. 

In the server, you develop your application --data load and visualizations -- in a "Work" area in the server and then "Publish" the app to make it available to other users. 

Qlik Sense Desktop is not used much for Enterprise development. It's more of a POC tool.  An app created in QS Desktop can be exported and then uploaded to QS Server, but again, that is not the typical workflow. 

-Rob