Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Count way off from new data load

Hi,

I have an app that is pulling 4 qvds. I did this to have a cleaner/less messier look in the data load editor as I've changed most, if not all the database columns to an alias - using the 'as' syntax. I made the necessary associations in the data manager and all of the numbers are correct except one specific field. This specific field which is a count of customers is showing me a number that is well exaggerated from what it should be. I have done nothing to this column in the data load editor and just a simple 'as' to rename the field. I am trying to figure out what could cause this and really asking for a starting point in order to rectify this issue. Thank you all.

5 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Dreweezy,

This field you are referring to, is it a 'key' field? A field that is linked with other tables?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

No it is not, it is just another field in my table.

I've tested the numbers by creating a sample app (essentially doing the same thing, minus creating any alias) and the numbers are correct and match the ones that are in my sql output. As soon as the alias/'as' is used in the data load editor it messes up the count and only for this field, nothing else. 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Can you show a part of the script and your data model viewer?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Unfortunately I cannot due to the data. I will see if I can create something similar. Thanks.

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

No problem, what happens when you duplicate the field and rename one and keep the old one? And you do a Count(RenamedField) and Count(OldField), do they give a different number?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder