Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unknownb
Partner - Contributor III

Create 2 Filters Using Date

Hello All,

I have a field 'project_financials_savings_effective_date' which I've been tasked with creating 2 filters for, one that will enable the user to filter the table based on a Minimum Date.. i.e everything from 01/10/2021 to today and another based on the Maximum date for this field, i.e everything up to 01/10/2021.

I'm struggling with my head on how to achieve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

If your users are up to the task, this is actually built into the search capability. They can type in e.g. >01/10/2021 and hit enter to get all dates that are greater than this date.

If that isn't an option, you would have to set up a variable with an input box where users would type in the date, and then use a button to either select all values greater than that variable or all values smaller than that variable (two buttons would be the recommended approach).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If your users are up to the task, this is actually built into the search capability. They can type in e.g. >01/10/2021 and hit enter to get all dates that are greater than this date.

If that isn't an option, you would have to set up a variable with an input box where users would type in the date, and then use a button to either select all values greater than that variable or all values smaller than that variable (two buttons would be the recommended approach).

unknownb
Author

Well i never knew that existed! Thanks for the quick response.

Or
MVP
MVP

Glad to help. I recommend having a look at this:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Qlik-Sense-Cheat-Sheet-version-2-0/ba-p/1667455

for some of the more commonly-used search options.