Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickmarlborough
Creator
Creator

Custom Filters depending on User

Hi, 

two questions, both regarding custom filters:

1) is there a way to have the sheet pre filtered depending on the user. For example i have a unique ID - is there a way Qlik can see what unique ID is accessing the dashboard and filter a field accordingly?

2) slightly less complex - is there a way to have pre filters such as 'IF XYZ, then filter CITY on LONDON'

Thank you

Labels (1)
5 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

is section acces not what you want to archieve?

nickmarlborough
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, 

What do you mean by section access?  as in only certain users can view certain sheets?

If so.... no - i would just like predefined filters set depending on who is looking at the sheet? 

For example - if i only wanted you to see the CITY London - id have filter predefined for you so when you click to the sheet, London is already filtered. Whereas for myself, it would be New York

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Section acces is that you give user filters for a subset of the data. In this example you only see londen and i can only see new york.

If that is want you want you need section acces, otherwise i have also an idea

nickmarlborough
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, 

i dont want to prohibit access - however the filters are more initial suggestions. 

What would be the other idea?

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

You could use OSUser() then like 

If(OSUser()='USERNAME',Londen) etc.

then you could use the sheet actions and select a value inside a field.