Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_N
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data pulling from different calendar field

Hi! 

I'm trying to write month over month and year over year variance formulas using a pre-built calendar table but realized my data (Alerts) are based on 'LastBusinessDayDate' and not a traditional calendar alert. Because of this, my variances and KPIs are all off by a few numbers. 'LastBusinessDayDate' only pulls alerts that were triggered in my database on a business day, not on any given calendar day. 

The formulas I built based on traditional calendar logic are: 

Month over Month: 

=(count({<LM={"1"}>} distinct AlertNum)-count({<MonthsBacks={"2"}>} distinct AlertNum))

/count({<LM={"1"}>} distinct AlertNum)

Year over Year: 

=(count({<MonthNum={"<$(=num(month(today())))"},CY={1}>} distinct AlertNum)-count({<MonthNum={"<$(=num(month(today())))"},LY={1}>} distinct AlertNum))

/count({<MonthNum={"<$(=num(month(today())))"},CY={1}>} distinct AlertNum)

I can't figure out how to get the variances to run using the 'LastBusinessDay' logic instead. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance! 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sarah_N
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It turns out I could use another field in my script to link to my calendar (Num(Floor(CDSDateTime)) as %CDATE) which saved me from having to create another master calendar. Thank you for the suggestion though! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sarah_N
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It turns out I could use another field in my script to link to my calendar (Num(Floor(CDSDateTime)) as %CDATE) which saved me from having to create another master calendar. Thank you for the suggestion though!