Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date Picker Selection

I am using the date picker in the following query to pick the date in a table. The table only has business dates so I would to modify the selection to pick the next previous date which is available. For example, if the user selects 1/1/24 it would look back and see the closest date prior to 1/1/24 is 12/29/23 and would return that value. Is there a way to implement this?

Sum({<[DS_POST_DT]={"$(=Min(REPORT_DATE_KEY))"}>} DS_Prior_BALANCE)

Labels (5)
8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@HMUTUAL01 If you want prior date from selection, You can try this.

Sum({<[DS_POST_DT]={"$(=Date(Max(DS_POST_DT)-1)"}>} DS_Prior_BALANCE)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

See Anil post, this should work, when date  format is ok 

HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni I tried this but nothing was returned. Jochem mentioned "when Date format is ok" so I am not sure if that if that is the issue. The first column is the original without the code and the second is the one where I applied the logic provided. 

HMUTUAL01_0-1707073546945.png

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

just specify the date format to match the date format of your field as below

Sum({<[DS_POST_DT]={"$(=Date(Max(DS_POST_DT)-1,'YYYY-MM-DD')"}>} DS_Prior_BALANCE)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Below is the error message I receive when I use the logic above. Any ideas why I am getting this error message?

HMUTUAL01_2-1707140293215.png

HMUTUAL01_1-1707140268125.png

HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

How do I set the date picker to only allow the user to pick a date if it exist in the dataset? 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@HMUTUAL01 Please share some sample data set and desired result you need. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Try this: Sum({<[DS_POST_DT]={"$(=Date((Max(DS_POST_DT)-1),'YYYY-MM-DD')"}>} DS_Prior_BALANCE)