Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickardwestling
Contributor
Contributor

Days of supply based on sales from selected date period? (count days between min & max selected dates)

Hi,

I've created a table with current available inventory and the sales of the period connected to selected dates.

Let's say I've selected a date period based on the field Date, for example MTD,  (selecting all dates between July 1st to July 19th). what script should I write to count the number of days between my min date and max date in my selected range disregarding all other dimensions than "Date"?

Item NoItem Desc.InventorySales Qty of periodAvg. Daily SalesDays of Supply
XXX123Banana10053Sales Qty / Number of daysInventory / Avg Daily Sales
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rickardwestling
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The the issue with using the above two proposals was that since not all items had transactions on all dates, the simple min max date script wouldn't work.

This was my solution in the end:

I solved it by creating a variable called "vNoSelectedDays"

defined in variable list as: =max(Date)-min(Date)+1

Average Daily Sales Calculation:

Sum([#Sales_QTY])/$(vNoSelectedDays)

Days of Supply Calculation:

Sum({1<vDisregardDate=>}[#Inventory_Remaining_QTY])

/

(Sum([#Sales_QTY])/$(vNoSelectedDays))

))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

if I understand your problem well it should be enough for you to use simple Count(distinct Date). This will count distinct number of dates in your date field. And if you select date range it will filter automaticaly.

ramkrishna86
Creator II
Creator II

Code:

Count({$<={">$(=Max(Date))<$(=Min(Date))"}>}[Number of days])

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Don't forget !

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

rickardwestling
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The the issue with using the above two proposals was that since not all items had transactions on all dates, the simple min max date script wouldn't work.

This was my solution in the end:

I solved it by creating a variable called "vNoSelectedDays"

defined in variable list as: =max(Date)-min(Date)+1

Average Daily Sales Calculation:

Sum([#Sales_QTY])/$(vNoSelectedDays)

Days of Supply Calculation:

Sum({1<vDisregardDate=>}[#Inventory_Remaining_QTY])

/

(Sum([#Sales_QTY])/$(vNoSelectedDays))

))