Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Denormalization

Hi all,

Would like to bring one attribut (green field) to my Facttable (see picture below number 3). I know two possibilities to achieve this:

1) working with lookups. Need one in Table 2 and an other one in Table 3

2) Join

Both variants are very slow. Is there a better approach or what is best practise? Everybody who is asking me why I need this, see my last post here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Combining-multiple-Facttables/m-p/1801077#M183507

Thanks for any help

11-05-_2021_08-17-12.jpg

Labels (3)
8 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi George,

I would suggest creating a mapping for this. This is the easiest and most secure way. You know how to do this?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jordy

Do yo mean with Applymap? How can use it for this case? As far as I know you need a Mapping Load Table and in my case have to go through the "linking"-Table Nr. 2?

George

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi George,

Yes correct, that is a way to get it to the facts table. This means you first have to create an applymap based on the result of table 2 and then apply the original applymap.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jordy

Have done this already but with lookup, instead of applymap. It works fine, but the script ist extremly slow.

George

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi George,

Lookups are indeed a bit slower, so I would expect that you will get faster results with the ApplyMap. How many rows/columns do you have?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jordy

In the Facttable there are around 150'000 records.

George

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi George,

That is really not a lot of rows.. ApplyMaps on this size should be done in seconds.

Can you maybe show the script?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jordy

One last question. Have done on this way:

As the Attribut I had to implement to the Facttable where also present in the other two tables. To avoid automatic matching keys, avoid synth. keys and destroy my normalised Datamodel, I rename the attribut names, in both tables (in my picture the blue one's). So finaly I got the "same" information twice (in my picture the green one). One normaly through the dimension and one time through the facttable. It this the "correct" way to do in Qlik?

George