Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prithviKamath
Contributor II
Contributor II

Display pre aggregated fields in KPI

Hello,

I am a beginner in Qlik Sense. Since I am working on a huge dataset, I am aggregating the values before importing it in Qlik Sense to improve the  performance. Now, I wish to only display a pre-aggregated field in a KPI chart. Below are the options that I get while adding a new measure to the KPI chart.

prithviKamath_0-1596219180087.png

If I forcefully edit the expression to remove the aggregation, it does not display any value.

prithviKamath_1-1596219261895.png

My aggregated table now looks like this:

prithviKamath_0-1596230445226.png

So I plan to have a Filter panes for Year and Gender and KPI chart or Patient Count. 

Can anybody kindly suggest a work around?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

11 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

It's not possible to show value without aggregation in KPI.  Either you can store the value in variable via load script and call that variable in KPI or use aggregation functions to show specific value in KPI

tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

I understand the goal of what you are trying to accomplish... But this isn't what Qlik does natively.

Would it be possible to adjust your aggregate table into something like

Year   |   gender   |  countNewPatients   |    countRepeatPatients

Do you think that would work? I think this would make it easier to make your KPI perform as expected. 

I would recommend two KPIs then, one to display unique patient counts, and the other total patient counts? 

Sorry for formatting, responding from my phone.