Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yousrarami96
Contributor II
Contributor II

Display the minimum value based on a filter condition

Hello,

I have a table with PDL_Ref, PDS_Ref, PDS_Start_Date and I use a filter date to display all references whose PDS_Start_Date is between the start of the year and the selected date. Moreover, since one PDL_Ref can be associated to multiple PDS_Ref, and therefore have different PDS_Start_Date, I have to display only the PDS_Ref that has the minimum value of PDS_Start_Date.

I tried doing so using this formula but it doesn't return values to rows where PDL_Ref has more than one PDS_Ref :

if(PDS_Start_Date=aggr(min({<PDS_Start_Date={">=$(=yearStart(Date(vDate)))<=$(=Date(vDate))"}>} PDS_Start_Date),PDL_REFE),PDS_Start_Date)

In the example below, if I filter on vDate=31/12/2022, I should display only the second and third row 

PDL_Ref PDS_Ref PDL_Start_Date
AA220 A145 12/12/2022
AA220 A450 01/05/2022
AB471 B800 04/07/2022
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this 

=FirstSortedValue({<PDS_Start_Date={">=$(=yearStart(Date(vDate)))<=$(=Date(vDate))"}>} PDS_Ref, PDS_Start_Date)

yousrarami96
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Chanty4u ,

Thank you for your response but it's not working correctly with the date filter applied. Plus, this would create a measure result of PDS_Ref and I would like to have the output as a dimension not a measure 😞