Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II

Download Sheet as PDF is slow

We have a requirement to use the "Download sheet as PDF"  However, it seems pretty slow (takes more than 60 seconds on average) considering that it appears to be just a screenshot that is saved to a PDF document.  Also, it sometimes fails with the error "An error occurred during export. Please try again."  which I learnt from another post here that it occurs due to a timeout setting that can be increased to avoid the error.

My question is whether it's normal for "Download sheet as PDF" to take that long, or is it because something has not been configured correctly?  We don't have any issues with other functionality.  If this is normal, we cannot ask our users to use this option as it seems way too long.

I do not have access to the printing logs to check further.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

pravinboniface_0-1709178656489.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@pravinboniface 

#1, In QMC, you can ask your admin team about what is the export time limit?

#2, How many objects you have and to troubleshoot in case if you duplicate same sheet and less heavy weight object (You can look either QSDA Pro or Telemetry dashboard) to know which object is performance degrading. Then remove that and see if export faster? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies
F_B
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @pravinboniface,

in my experience it also is a slow action to download sheet as pdf file.

A workaround that I can suggest is to use Application Automation, to create and send an email with the pdf attached. You could schedule it right after the app's data reload, and find it there when you need it.

Hope this can be helpful

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@pravinboniface 

#1, In QMC, you can ask your admin team about what is the export time limit?

#2, How many objects you have and to troubleshoot in case if you duplicate same sheet and less heavy weight object (You can look either QSDA Pro or Telemetry dashboard) to know which object is performance degrading. Then remove that and see if export faster? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much.  I was not aware of this option, but that said, the requirement is that users only use this option for taking screenshots.  Thanks again!

pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni Thank you.  The final output looks just like a screenshot.  So will it matter what object it is?  I will try it out and see if that helps identify any particular object.  

We are not really downloading a huge table- it looks just like a screenprint.  Should it really take that long?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@pravinboniface in general, it matters because all export is loaded combination of Data in object level and QMC settings with resources availability. 

Anyway, did you tried removing a object from duplicate sheet?

pravinboniface
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni As you recommended, I did duplicate the sheet and removed the objects one by one until finally, it consistently exported without any error.

I don't think the "Download Sheet as PDF" is going to work for us- but you are right- too many objects in the sheet is causing performance degradation.