Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davehutchinson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Editing script for a datafeed

Hi there.  Hopefully an easy one.

I've recently been given access to a datafeed from googlecloud to replace updates provided on spreadsheet.

However i'm unsure how to edit the field names, and add calculated columns etc like when I was loading the spreadsheet data.  In my load script there is a LOAD script which lists all the columns, and then below it there is a table name with a SELECT script which lists the columns again.

So my question is, If I want to:

* rename the columns,

* add calculated columns etc etc.

Do I add these in in the load statement, or the select statement?  What is the difference?

I've tried adding amending both the LOAD script and the SELECT script separately but get an error each time, saying it can't find the first field.

davehutchinson_0-1721209720350.png

So first of all.  If I need to amend a script from a feed.  Do I amend the LOAD statement or the SELECT statement?

Is there anything else I need to do in order to use this data and add additional feeds?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davehutchinson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've managed to sort this.  All data manipulations were done in the LOAD script rather than the select script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
davehutchinson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The error is saying invalid expression but it doesn't give me any detail on what the issue is.  

From the below, my select statement is incorrect, but I'm not sure why.  Could be something really basic, can anyone help?

davehutchinson_0-1721210279849.png

davehutchinson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've managed to sort this.  All data manipulations were done in the LOAD script rather than the select script.