Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Error while create a new connection (office 365 Sharepoint Metadata)

Hi I'm trying to create a connection from Qlik Sense to access the Sharepoint URL. When I tried to create I'm facing the issue, 

Error retrieving the URL to authenticate: ENCRYPTION_KEY_MISSING - you must manually set an encryption key before creating new connections.

I checked this error and tried to run the below command ? 

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage

(when I tried to run this command in the path C:\Users\QvService\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\QwcKeys\ nothing changes)

Even File modified date showing older date. 

Please suggest. 

42 Replies
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Ok I will try load screenshot.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan  Good Morning. Few things need to check. 

1. When I tried to create a new connection from Qlik Sense Hub for Office 365 Share point, In the Base URL I'm giving our SharePoint URL. That time its sending for some approval. 

2. In the Base URL when I past my full accessable Sharepoint link, then it taking to next page, and shows error. 

Below is the error 

There was a problem authenticating with the connector, further information is listed below:

error = invalid_resource
error_description = AADSTS500011: The resource principal named https://XXX.sharepoint.com/sites/LMSHelpdeskSupportSharePointtracker/Feedback%20SharePoint was not found in the tenant named 67872a37-cde9-4767-b06f-c252085e9982. This can happen if the application has not been installed by the administrator of the tenant or consented to by any user in the tenant. You might have sent your authentication request to the wrong tenant. Trace ID: 34550572-9a85-4704-8de2-03fee369c800 Correlation ID: eafd63cd-11d2-4639-8a29-034642c835bc Timestamp: 2024-01-16 05:18:01Z
error_uri = https://login.microsoftonline.com/error?code=500011

Note: This base URL I'm not able to access in my browser itself. Its showing like "you need permission for this site"

Pls suggest. 
Thanks . 

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

It seems that the user you are using to authenticate the Sharepoint connector is only allowed to use the or some specific site(s), such as “LMSHelpdekSupportSharepointtracker”. Apparently you cannot access your Sharepoint instance at its base URL. I suggest you contact the team within your company that is responsible for O365 and Sharepoint and ask for the permissions of the user to be corrected.

Also take into consideration the “Remediation” suggestion found under the “error_uri”: “Developer error - the app requested access to a resource (application) that isn't installed in your tenant. If you expect the app to be installed, you may need to provide administrator permissions to add it. Check with the developers of the resource and application to understand what the right setup for your tenant is.”

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Sorry I didn't get your statement.  You are saying I need to contact Sharepoint team to ask for permission? 

Because I asked for the access, but they are saying like "No access for the Base URL". 

Question: Without accessing the BaseURL is is possible to proceed?

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, that is exactly what I meant: Contact your Sharepoint team and ask for permission to your Sharepoint’s base URL. My guess is that without having access to that, you will not be able to set up the connector.

If they are not willing to give you access to the base URL, maybe they would grant it for 5min or when working together at their desk, just enough time for you to create the connection in Qlik Sense. After having created the connection, you might not need access to the base URL any longer and it could be revoked.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi @steeefan Ok. Thanks. Let me check. 

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Just for clarity.  We need Qlik Sense Connector need to be install?  We are having Qlik Sense Server. 

I'm accessing the Qlik Sense URL and this steps  from my local PC. In my PC Qlik Sense Connector is not available. 

Is that any relation with Qlik Sense connector? Really required Qlik Sense Connector ?  

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

If you want to download data from Sharepoint directly into your Qlik Sense environment, you must have a O365 Sharepoint connector in place. In earlier versions of Qlik Sense Enterprise, you had to install Qlik Web Connectors separately. In later versions of Qlik Sense Enterprise, these connectors are integrated. It therefore depends on the version you are using if you need to perform a separate installation of the Web Connectors.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Ok thanks. We are using Qlik Sense latest version May 2023 only. I requested for access for the SharePoint base URL. once done will check and get back to you if any issues. 

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan I can able to access the Sharepoint BASE URL, But still its taking to me next page like APPROVAL.