Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Error while create a new connection (office 365 Sharepoint Metadata)

Hi I'm trying to create a connection from Qlik Sense to access the Sharepoint URL. When I tried to create I'm facing the issue, 

Error retrieving the URL to authenticate: ENCRYPTION_KEY_MISSING - you must manually set an encryption key before creating new connections.

I checked this error and tried to run the below command ? 

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage

(when I tried to run this command in the path C:\Users\QvService\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\QwcKeys\ nothing changes)

Even File modified date showing older date. 

Please suggest. 

42 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

If I'm not seeing what's happening in screenshots, I'm no longer able to provide any useful suggestions.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

balajibc64_0-1705472404544.jpeg

balajibc64_1-1705472446964.jpeg

balajibc64_2-1705472474113.jpeg

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Pls find the screenshot. After gave the URL link, Its redirected to next page and choosing my account. Then its asking for approval. 

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

It’s all in there: Using the connector requires your company’s Sharepoint admin’s approval. Enter the justification why you need it, then submit it. People should then get back to you internally. If not, call them or go to their desk and ask about it.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Sorry I couldn't get it. Yes I type the justification and submit. Then its showing for me "RequestPending". 

Question: 

1. who will do this ? Share Point Administrator

2.  you mean to say like this https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Administrator-approval-and-consent-for-Web-C... 

pls suggest. 

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

If you typed in your justification and submitted it, someone within your company will have received and should have read it. It will most probably be the same person that in the end granted your user access to the basel URL, i.e. some employee of your company working in the O365 / business applications / collaboration / … team within your IT organisation. To grant access, they could follow the manual you just posted.

There is nothing wrong here, everything is working as expected. Please consult internally with the appropriate teams, colleagues, IT admins etc.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan Thanks. Will check. 

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan I checked with the person, he is having admin access, and also owner. But he didn't receive any approval email or in Office 365 Sharepoint also nothing he received. 

pls suggest. 

Anything need to add Qlik Connector and all?

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Someone within your company should have received that request. Check also according to the manual if access can be granted without replying to your request.

There is nothing wrong here, everything is working as expected. Please consult internally with the appropriate teams, colleagues, IT admins etc.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @steeefan yes I checked this manual. but in that MY apps He can't able to see Qlik Connector. Also not sure how to add or include into this.